1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
1 cup whole milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 1/2 tsp. almond extract
3 cups flour, sifted
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 ripe bananas, mashed
Sliced almonds, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 2 loaf pans with parchment paper. (I butter my paper, just to be safe!)
2. In your stand mixer, beat butter and sugar.
3. Add eggs, milk, vanilla and almond extract and mix on low, making sure eggs are well combined.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the sifted flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
5. Add dry ingredients, a little at a time, mixing until well combined. Add mashed bananas and stir carefully, without over mixing.
6. Divide the batter into the two pans.
7. *Optional: Stir in sliced almonds or sprinkle them on top before baking. You can choose to not use the nuts at all since the almond extract has enough almond flavor.
8. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a knife in the center comes out clean.
9. Remove loaves immediately from pans and let cool on a wire rack.