- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ½ cup salsa
- 1½ cups Colby jack cheese
- 2 healthy handfuls of baby spinach, chopped (Between 1½ and 2 cups)
- 1 jar salsa verde
- Pepper jack cheese (I like the kind with jalapeños too!)
- Corn tortillas (white or yellow)
- Canola oil, for frying
Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a 9 X 13 baking dish, pour a small amount of salsa verde, just enough to coat the bottom of the pan.
In a frying pan, heat the oil on high heat and fry each tortilla for a few seconds on each side. Seriously, no more than 5 seconds a side. Lay them on paper towels to dry.
In a large bowl combine the chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, Colby jack, and spinach.
To assemble: spread the chicken mixture onto each tortilla and roll. Place each enchilada into the prepared dish, seam side down. Once the dish is filled, spoon the salsa verde on top of each enchilada and then top with pepper jack cheese.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until bubbly, and all of the cheese has melted.
*Tip: Freeze the filling (or whatever is left) and use it another time! It also makes for great taquitos!